- All levels Foreign Language Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- English as a Second Other Language
- Gifted and Talented Education
- Middle-level (5-8th) Mathematics Education
- Middle-level (5-8th) Science Education
- Reading Specialist
- Secondary (6-12th) Biology Education
- Secondary (6-12th) Chemistry Education
- Secondary (6-12th) Earth and Space Science Education
- Secondary (6-12th) English Education
- Secondary (6-12th) Mathematics Education
- Secondary (6-12th) Physics Education
- Secondary (6-12th) Social Studies Education
- Elementary Education
- Unified Early Childhood Education (Birth-3rd grade)
- English to Speakers of Other Languages
Coursework fulfills the requirement for the degree and a Kansas initial teaching license.
See the school's Licensure section for more information about application, applying out-of-state, Kansas licensure exams, FAQs and licensure renewal, timeline, transcripts and other regulations.
Note: Effective 2/27/14, the PPST is no longer an admissions requirement for any initial licensure programs at KU.
A complete listing of courses in the Curriculum and Teaching department
—U.S. News & World Report