Endorsement Application for International Students
DEPARTMENT OF CURRICULUM AND TEACHING INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS SEEKING CONSIDERATION FOR ADMISSION MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- A COMPLETED INTERNATIONAL STUDENT GRADUATE APPLICATION form submitted online including non-refundable application fee. Apply online at the KU Graduate Application site.
- ONE OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of ALL your undergraduate studies including your degree conferral and any graduate work you have completed. (Official transcripts from an international university must include an English translation of all documents in addition to the official transcript in the original language, or documentation that the University's instruction is in English.)
- The minimum grade point average (GPA) for consideration of admission is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- THREE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from people who can comment on your ability to complete a master's program of study -- not character references.
- For students whose first language is not English, official scores on the TOEFL of at least 92 total (IBT) with subscale scores of at least 23 in all areas must be submitted for consideration of admission to the Curriculum and Teaching Department. The IELTS official score is also accepted, with an overall score of at least 7.0, and no section score lower than 7.0. TOEFL is not required if applicant has a degree from an English-speaking university. Graduation with a baccalaureate degree or higher from a program taught in English at an international institution requires verification of English instruction from the university as part of the application and must be included as part of the application package. Verification can be from a catalogue or program description brochure or an official letter from a department chair, dean or other university official stipulating English language as the method of instruction.
- ALL international students are required to submit a STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT BALANCE from his or her sponsor's bank. This statement must be on bank stationery. There must also be a letter of support from his/her sponsor if the bank statement is not in the applicant's name.
- Please include a CAREER GOAL STATEMENT and a RESUME.
Please note: Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to the program.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS ONLINE WITH YOUR APPLICATION, OR TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:Office of Graduate Studies
213 Strong Hall, 1450 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence KS 66045-7535