Application deadlines: March 15 for summer or fall, July 1 (domestic applicants only) for fall, or October 1 for spring.
- Cover letter of application indicating licensure subject and level.
- Graduate application: Apply online at the Office of Graduate Studies.
- An official transcript of all previous undergraduate and graduate credit sent directly to Graduate Application Processing Center Link, electronically preferred.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average: 3.0. Students with 2.75-2.99 may be considered for probationary admission if approved by faculty advisor.
- A statement of goals for completing the masters/endorsement.
- Strong academic background in the appropriate subject area, with at least 2.5 gpa in subject area courses.
- Foreign Language - undergraduate degree in the specific language earned within the past five years, or equivalent (such as native speaker).
- Mathematics - undergraduate major in mathematics or related field such as engineering or computer science, or prior completion of more than half of the courses listed on the mathematics major list.
- Science - undergraduate major in one of the science areas, or prior completion of more than half of the courses listed on one of the science major lists.
- Specific undergraduate liberal arts courses must be completed prior to admission with no grade less than a "C":
English – Two courses (ENGL 101 and 102 or higher)
Speech (COMS 130 or 150, or approved exemption based on 2 semesters of speech, forensics or debate class in high school with grade of 'A' or 'B'.)
Math – Two courses: College Algebra (MATH 101) and a second level Mathematics course (MATH 105, 106, 111, 115 or higher) for which College Algebra is a pre-requisite.
- Passing PPST scores (Praxis I series, Pre-Professional Skills Test). Passing scores: Reading-173, Writing-172, Mathematics-172. Contact KU Testing Service (2150 Watkins Health Center, 785-864-2768) for registration, or go online to Educational Testing Service at The Praxis Series.
- Three letters of recommendation from employers and/or college instructors.
- Personal interview with the major area advisor. (This may be done by telephone if the applicant lives more than 50 miles from Lawrence.) Contact the appropriate advisor to make an appointment for the interview.
Foreign Language - Dr. Manuela Gonzalez-Bueno, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-9674, 342 JRP
Mathematics - Dr. Susan Gay, email@example.com, 785-864-9676, 341 JRP
Science - Dr. James Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-9847, 346 JRP
Please note: Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to the program.
Admissions questions: Lawrence Campus - 785-864-4437; Edwards Campus - 913-897-8421.